Stories I’m most proud of
View my entire body of work at Chalkbeat Indiana, The Plain Dealer and the Columbia Missourian.
- In the Wild West of virtual learning, an Indiana charter school is opening in an unlikely place — a farm
- Indiana lawmakers over-promised money for schools to teach students learning English by nearly $50 million
- Preschool funding for students with disabilities hasn’t changed in Indiana since 1991
- Hardly any kids passed ISTEP at one of Indiana’s largest schools. Here’s why it’s not getting an F
- Indiana is struggling to give kids speech therapy. Here’s why it’s getting harder.
- As students signed up, online school hired barely any teachers — but founder’s company charged it millions
- Gov. Eric Holcomb says Indiana’s low-rated online charter schools need ‘immediate attention and action’
- From Burma to Southport: Finding your way in an unfamiliar world
- How racial bias helped turn Indianapolis into one city with 11 school districts
Pingback: Talkin’ bout my generation | Shaina Cavazos
Pingback: Not that I’m in a hurry to grow up or anything, but… | Shaina Cavazos
Pingback: Oh hey Nostalgia, nice of you to drop by. | Shaina Cavazos
Pingback: I won’t let every mistake be the end of my world. | Shaina Cavazos